Adblock support thread

ok.. thanks.. maybe a fluke on my setup or probably a weird bug with dnsmasq.. thanks again :slight_smile:

Hey theres something I noticed with the versions. On the Github I see that the latest version is 4.0.8. When I´m searching for updates the latest one i´m shown is 4.0.7-5. It seems that it is the 4.0.8 update considering the changes I saw but I think its a bit confusion after all.

These are the normal version differences between the different branches (stable aka 19.07.x and unstable aka snapshots).

Ah thanks for clarifying

No and I do not plan such things. This package supports NXDOMAIN answers only. In my experience it's the fastest method and you don't have problems with https pages/redirects etc.

After the installation of adblock my wireguard peer can still connect but no more internet.
The peer get NXDOMAIN error.
Even after i uninstalled adblock and reset the router. The peer get "dns prob finished" error.
I use a standard dnsmask config And the wireguard interface is on bridge lan.

How can i recover the internet for the wireguard ?
What config is altered on adblock installation?

edit: the problem was related to my configuration
check the solutions on this post Wireguard peer lost dns resolution after adblock installaion - #2 by trendy

to force smartphone to use the openwrt dns you have to install banip package and block the secure dns list " List of public DoH providers (DNS over HTTPS) (IPv4/IPv6) "

see the post for more details.

I doubt that this is adblock related. Anyway, just check the directory /tmp/dnsmasq.d/ for the file 'adb_list.overall' ... just remove it and restart dnsmasq.

i am sure it's related it occur just after installing adblock on my router.
After the problem occur i requested to a friend to install adblock to check if he have the same issue and he confirmed no more internet connexion for all peer.
for the moment i tried to force reinstall dnsmasq with no luck.
i will try to reinstall from scratch wireguard then i will try to remove the abd_list.ovrall and give a feedback.

i have uninstal both adblock & wireguard.
reboot router
install wireguard
reconfigure interface wg0 & added to firewall zone lan.
added the same wiregard peer and still have an error message "dns_probe _finished_no_internet"
tried to change ip and rename peer same error.
If on the same smartphone i create a new wg interface to the same router and give a new ip i can surf.

is there somewhere a dns cache file ?

Again, this is most probably unrelated to adblock. Open a new thread with config details regarding your wireguard problem. Openwrt version, network config, firewall config etc.

1 Like

ok thanks i will open a new thread.

Just a short notice: in master I've updated adblock to 4.1.0. This release focus on more source flexibility, e.g.:

adblock: update 4.1.0

* major source changes:
  * split oisd.nl in basic and full variant
  * add swedish regional list
  * made archive categories for shallalist and utcapitole selectable via LuCI
  * made all list variants of energized and stevenblack selectable via LuCI
* removed dns filereset mode

That means in LuCI you can simply select & combine different archive collections and/or different list variants as you like, e.g.:

1 Like

Hope this is the right place to ask,
Yesterday the forum helped me setup wifi over tor so all traffic using wifi goes over tor.
Now im wondering since that shows ads that way if i can use adguard and tor so wifi gets the benefit of both anonymous and no ads and if so how i can accomplish this?

Edit: Ok nevermind i figured it out had to disable a rule for tor dns and as i run dnscrypt already this shouldnt compromise anonimity

what is the recommended way to filter based on users ?
i mean a computer or a group of computer may have different filter or at list no filter?

1 Like

I tried adblock: update 4.1.0 and happy to see the new option Shallalist, UTCapitole, Energized and StevenBlack list section. I tried some categories, but seems it is not working. I noticed that there is no additional urls in the black list even if I selected some of the categories. Find this screenshot. Sources that is not in the collection works fine. Dont have any specific errors in Logview..

SEEMS IT IS A UI ISSUE. RESOLVED

I am also waiting for this option to block or allow based on internal IP address. I did not see any option, so far

I think there are a way to do this.
But it involves to have two dns server instance & I think there is a hidden option in adblock.

• We have to create multiple network ex: child network, ect...
    There is no documentation but, there are probably some post on the forum.

I found the hidden option

And here another example:

The option to create multiple DNS instance is great. But it seems very complicated. I was looking for some simple method , as like in AdGuard Home, where I can block/allow Blacklists and Safe search option based on internal IP address. Which means IP 1 block list 1 and IP 2 Blocklist 2 and IP 3 enable safe search.

I never used adguard.
Adguard is available in openwrt.
You can use adguard in place of adblock.

Edit: correction it's adguard home, and it's a go binary that you have to run depending of your router cpu