Access web page in bridge wan on lan

Thank you very much for your help
Do you mean that in usb0 I create an address that is in the range of the modem? Because this is not possible
Can you help me with an example of what settings you have in mind?

Once you bridge two interfaces, you can no longer assign an IP address to any interface, all configuration should be done on the bridge.

In your second configuration, you are doing precisely that. A device configured as a DHCP client should receive an IP address from the modem and reach the internet (but not the router), and a device configured with a static IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 range should be able to reach the router (but not the internet).

Now, if you want to do both at the same time, you need to move the router within the range of the modem. What config do DHCP clients get from the modem?

Bear in nind that this is all purely theoretic...

2 Likes

Actually, no need on Linux as NetworkManager supports both DHCP and custom static IPs for the same connection, although it may require using nmcli to configure it.

2 Likes

As far as I understand, you say that my ip router, which is currently 192.168.1.0, needs to have the te port of the lte module integrated in order to access the router
The lte module is introduced to the router without having a SIM card with ip 192.168.43.1
Having a SIM card with ip network, I am introduced
In fact, I'm a little confused about what you mean by these settings, and what part of the ip should be the same as the other part

Can you explain to me how to do this?

Assuming the connection uses DHCP by default, you just need to modify it like this:

nmcli connection modify id CON_NAME ipv4.addresses 192.168.1.2/24
nmcli connection down id CON_NAME
nmcli connection up id CON_NAME
1 Like

Grab your second configuration, the one with the bridge enabled, and do a couple of tests:

• Configure a device as a DHCP client and plug it into the LAN port. Do you reach the internet? What IP address do you obtain?

• Now configure it with a static IP address like 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.1 as gateway. Can you reach the router now?

2 Likes