I'm in charge of choosing Access Points which would be suitable for our dorm network with about 180 users.
- The access points will be given to a subset of our dorm mates in exchange for a deposit about 40 €. So our price range for an access point is around that. Up to 60€ would also be fine for us, as well.
- We are not allowed to attach APs on any floor walls. The dorm mates are supposed to take a normal (preconfigured) AP and place it somewhere as a "normal" home router.
- PoE would be nice, but not necessary. We don't want any passive PoE.
- Wifi 6 would be nice, but as shown in the ToH there are currently 6 devices supported which are all too expensive for us.
- So, we stick to at least Wifi 5.
I took a look around the ToH and stumbled across TP-Link Archer C6 and C7. Are these suitable choices for my usecase or do you have any other suggestions?
Is MU-MIMO important for our usecase? Is MU-MIMO important enough to prefer the C6 instead of the C7?
I'm very looking forward to your input and would like to thank you in advance!