A friendly reminder to not flash Heinz back_to_stock RE450 firmware file via LuCi/SSH

A friendly reminder to folks with a OpenWRT flashed RE450 who want to revert back to stock. There is special "back_to_stock" firmware file prepared from @Heinz. In this post he wrote, that it is fine to use the image file for flashing with sysupgrade -f re450_back_to_stock.bin or LuCI.

This is one of method to back to stock firmware, Second method is use my "back_to_stock" firmware like sysupgrade file. You can use LuCI ( system - firmware upgrade) or ssh command line ( sysupgrade -f back_to_stock.bin )

I prepare this back-to-stock firmware by dump and merge kernel and rootfs from flash chip.

I just did that and it bricked my device. The wiki page isn't saying anything about the special "back_to_stock" firmware file but says:

Do not attempt to flash vendor firmware from LuCI, this will brick your device.

Heinz firmware file isn't mentioned. vendor firmware ≠ "back_to_stock" firmware

Do not flash the re450_back_to_stock.bin file from this thread. It will brick you device.

Follow up: If someone knows to unbrick the device (RE450 V 2.1) please tell me.

See Online tool to convert TP-Link stock firmwares to sysupgrade-compatible images

Best regards, Thomas

Nice to know. I was about to do that. I thought that was the way to go. I have a re450 v3, and the question is: how I can put the stock firmware on it? Do we know of any working technique?

Any luck trying the aforementioned tool sent by @samoth ?
"I've tested this on my RE450v3 and RE650v1, and it works well on both devices but as always caution is advised when flashing your devices." This was mentioned on the post, so my hope is pretty high