A default route is present but there is no public prefix on lan thus we don't announce a default route!

Hi, new to divested openwrt and this message pop-up after doing a restart of my router and from time to time it looks like. I have a connected dumb ap with ip 192.168.1.3 and my dhcp server range starts at .100, could that be causing issues? It took at least 2 minutes after restart before my dumb ap was online, usually this takes not more than a minute or so.

Mon Mar  1 09:13:02 2021 daemon.warn odhcpd[2435]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on lan thus we don't announce a default route!
Mon Mar  1 09:14:58 2021 daemon.warn odhcpd[2435]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on lan thus we don't announce a default route!
Mon Mar  1 09:16:28 2021 daemon.warn odhcpd[2435]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on lan thus we don't announce a default route!
Mon Mar  1 09:17:20 2021 daemon.warn odhcpd[2435]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on lan thus we don't announce a default route!
1 Like

That refers to IPv6. Your quoted IP addresses are IPv4. If you don't use IPv6 you can disable it for the time being.

No, but double-check that the AP's own DHCP server isn't conflicting with your main DHCP server anwyay; never hurts to make sure.

OK how do I disable IPv6 correctly? Based on another thread I removed ;

Global network options -> IPv6 ULA-Prefix -> all here removed

And I thought that should be it?

There is no dhcp server running on the dumb ap :slight_smile:

If there's still a problem, the router logs may help to shed some light on possible causes.

Hmm, didn't do any changes so I'm still seeing the same error messages.
Not sure what to do to stop it

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/ipv6/ipv6_extras#missing_gua_prefix

1 Like

I've not seen a error message since I did that 3h ago. Did the logging level sort it away?

1 Like

Yep, but this is just a warning that can be safely ignored.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.