A bug of the "5G Channel Analysis" function in OpenWrt 22.03.2

Can somebody help me?
When I login the router system with 5G wifi, and use the "5G Channel Analysis" function, the wireless connection of all the devices which use the 5G wifi will crack down and then reconnect once and once until I quit the "5G Channel Analysis" function. This bug only occur when I connect the 5G wifi and use the "5G Channel Analysis" function.
My openwrt version is 22.03.2, and the router's CPU is MT7620A.

1 Like

Radio can't do both at the same time?

3 Likes

If a radio can do background scanning, without tearing down active connections, depends on the hardware, the drivers - and the regulatory domain (e.g., ETSI seems to be easier than FCC). This isn't really a bug, just a hardware/ driver limitation.

3 Likes

Yes, but only the 5G radio has this problem

But when I use 21.02, I didn't see this problem, so you mean the 22.03 version modified the drivers of my hardware caused this problem? Is it possible become normal in the next version?

22.03 probably came with newer drivers, and no, there's no guarantee any future version will
(re)enable the feature again.

1 Like

It also depends on the current channel, background scanning while being tuned into a DFS channel is much harder (not allowed everywhere).

Thank you, guys, I changed the 5G wireless settings and solved this problem:change the country code to an exact country, and switch the auto channel to an exact channel, then the 5G Channel Analysis works fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.