802.11ax Routers

I guess this is the connector you're talking on the E7350

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

There's only one so yes.

1 Like

GL-AX1800 / Flint

Fine -> OpenWrt preinstalled , USB-3 , 5 * LAN & i think correct price ...

1 Like

It's not actually proper OpenWRT. The official GL.iNet Firmware is based on Qualcomm SDK (QSDK) which is supposedly based on OpenWRT 15.05 (very old) plus Qualcomm's closed-source binary drivers (especially WiFi drivers).

Disclaimer: I am NOT an OpenWRT Developer and I am NOT an employee of GL.iNet. All the info I have mentioned here is based on what I gathered by asking and searching in GL.iNet forum.

2 Likes

GL.iNet usually contributes to upstream OpenWrt by adding initial device support

1 Like

thanks, now I have serial access to the modem
I did not tried this connector before because I was
affraid of blowing up my modem. The connector on
the e7350 is has you said gnd-nc-rx-tx... and voltage level at 3.3Volts.
I did compile your version of openwrt and tried u-boot tftp load image on it
but I is not finding the rootfs partition.

3 Likes

That's strange. I used to have that error but then I changed the partitions to kernel and UBI.

edit: does loading a kernel at least work?

1 Like

I checked out branch 73 - the one with WIP for e7350
git status: Your branch is up to date with 'origin/73'
is this the last version you have ? when I check out the master
there is no code for e7350

1 Like

https://github.com/neheb/openwrt/tree/mangix has the latest version always. Although it should be identical...

1 Like

All ok now, in u-boot, I was doing 'load image' instead of 'update firmware'
now I have good starting point for openwrt.
To revert to original firmware just need to select 'update firmware code pattern' in the u-boot menu. I guess working wifi is still a work in progress.
great job!

1 Like

Strange. Wifi works perfectly fine for me. If your wifi is not coming up, run

strings /dev/mtd2ro | hexdump | head

And verify that you see 7915 or 1579.

1 Like

TP-LINK Archer AX73 and Archer AX90 V1 based on firmware openwrt!

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/TP-LINK_Archer_AX73 says v2 is based on ipq.

Most vendors' stock firmware is built on top of the SDK provided by the chipmaker which is based on some old versions of OpenWrt/LEDE with propietary additions.

It doesn't means that a router can be supported (eg Broadcom or Realtek) but if it's Qualcomm or Mediatek the porting process will be more straightforward unless the vendor enabled secure boot.

1 Like

I ordered my RT3200-UK into Finland. At that point they did deliver and I didn't have any problems with delivery. Obviously I ran stock firmware for less than two minutes and went for my favorite AP-distro. But I guess something with radio licensing / permites prevent the unit being sold inside EU.

1 Like

Wow, 10gbps internet for 30 euros /month.

1 Like

Hi Fonix232,
Why do you need a H2 as a gateway? You have a Netgear switch, which could be used as gateway also (running Openwrt).
Thank you,
Peter

Hardly. That switch can barely run the web interface (compared to a more powerful router, e.v. my Belkin RT3200s), I highly doubt it could effectively act as a firewall/routing gateway for 1Gbps networks, or that it would fix the issues I had with my previous OpenWrt installs.

Now I'm using a Unifi Dream Machine, and it works flawlessly.