802.11ax Routers

HUAWEI WiFi AX3 (Quad-Core) - HUAWEI Global

This?

Probably they are the same.
At least to this source: https://www.justandroid.net/2020/05/19/honor-router-3-vs-huawei-wifi-ax3-the-same-dual-core-wi-fi-6-hardware/

Has Huawei developed there own wifi6 chipset or which SoC they are using for there devices?

CPU: HiSilicon Hi5651L @1.2GHz (Dual-core ARM)
WLAN: HiSilicon Hi1152 (2x 2T2R)

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Huawei

Chances for that to be supported, not very high.

1 Like

Hi guys. What ax router I can buy now to be sure it will be fully supported in next OpenWRT stable versions?
I have some TP-Links (archer), Netgears, Honors, and Xiaomi Redmi AX5/AX6 in my local store.
As I understood, Netgears are based on broadcom, what's why it is not a great choice, am I right?
Also I need CPU as fast as possible to run some services on it.

I fear, nobody can tell it now. Buy the one you like and later change it to a supported one.

2 Likes

Guys, how to find openWRT-compatible ax routers in the Table of Hardware?

There aren't any, yet.

1 Like

The columns have a search box, you can write "ax" there but the ones listed are not supported in any way considered stable

2 Likes

Well, I had found one at least: TOTOLINK X5000R

Thanks. Don't know why, but this filter didn't work for me once, that's why I ask.

but the ones listed are not supported in any way considered stable

Hmm, but why this table is called "Ideal for OpenWrt" then :frowning:

So the Belkin RT3200 is available at least in UK, so hopefully in EU, i like that it does not have any external antennas.

I think that label applies to the amount of flash and RAM those devices carry.

Just bought a Linksys E8450 and flash to OpenWRT, but it seems no support for the AX protocol now? or it is just a problem on Web GUI? how to enable the AX Wi-Fi by configuration file?

E8450 (mt7622 target) was just added, it's in very early development and doubt WiFi 6 / AX works yet. It's a long way off until any target emerges as the 'right' one to buy for OpenWrt with WiFi 6. We'll have to see how development goes, hopefully over the next year or two, whatever release follows the eventual 21.02 release.

If my basic needs are: capability to have a wifi on/off button, and pi-hole/ AdGuard-home through openwrt-like DNS filtering + currently having a bgn, but probably in this year an ac or (if big tech drops it to the lower category adroid level) an ax-wifi phone as only wifi-clients, maybe with some "NAS"-ing "VPN servering" in the future,
should i worry and think about waiting for AX routers' support from this side of the world to be able select one what fits, or
should i get any randomly avaible fitting AX, in hopes of it will be supported soon ish, maybe with a pi, to fill my needs, or
drop the stress off, because it does not matter anyways, and get fitting AC router as soon as i wish, even if i would like to futureproof with having an ax router, because the market fills slow?

I am sittin around this question since weeks (i had 0 usabe knowledge 3 weeks ago from the topic of what is really the 802.11** + a month before what is pi-hole/ networking is, but now i am hooked even if i probably do not need them), and i have rached the dead-end/tipping point... i need help :crazy_face:

When can the new release -of wort- arrive? (I am new to the release schedule)

If you're adventurous and impatient, go with the Linksys e8450/ Belkin rt3200 now (and be among the first to play with it) - otherwise you'll have to wait.

1 Like

Sadly none of them is avaible in my region, and both are over of my budget.
If waiting, should i really do? I mean until summer, ok. Until fall, ok, or more?
I mean i am totally in the dark to even guess, because i am not in the system to know: what are we waiting for right now, and how difficult to pass this stage.

There are no schedules.

I would like to understand, what is holding up the project... i am total noob for this.