WNDR4300v1 -> ATH79 test problem

I was dumb into thinking ATH79 for this router (wndr4300v1) would be any good...
so I tried it...

upon first boot in, the router's WIFIs worked... funny 2.4G and 5G would be dropping wifis and just freezing the wifis

I was happy to see the whole flash amount was working

so after many tries and a lot of changing channels to make the wifis work... I got tired and I did a TFTP to go back to 19.07...

5g would NOT work at all... except only on the 149 channel apparently

went back to 18.06, the 5G worked quite a bit better, didn't test much, but at least the 5G worked with default settings, I did a sysupgrade to 19.07... and again the 5G worked somewhat in the beginning, but after a reboot with manually setting "option disabled =0" in etc/config... it's working only on channel 149...

so did the ATH79 build erased some part of the stock flash handling the 5G?

I just want it working like it was before...

Did you wipe settings when flashing the ath79 image?

yup I did it when flashing

If you can collect logread output at the moment when you're seeing problems, that might help. 19.07.1 will be pushed soon as well (I think the buildbots are building it as we speak).

There's nothing dumb about trying ath79, but a lot of people adopt a 'wait and see' approach, so they only flash the stable images, while the release candidates are meant to be tested and iron out these kinds of kinks. 19.07 is the last release with ar71xx images, so it's important these kinds of issues can be fixed.

Here on my wdr4300 v1, after some updates, it stabilized and is working very well, both in wifi 2.4 and 5 GHz ...

I still noticed some bugs, but over time, I believe they will be fixed.

So you stayed on the Ath79 build?

Anyways, I reflashed the stock firmware... resetted... flashed again... (all TFTP)

then flashed the latest snapshot of OpenWRT, and everything magically works... so... yea...
great stuff guys!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.