5 GHz AP not working on 21.02.2 (Linksys E5600)

Just tried the new release but 5 GHz AP doesn't seem to work. I have tried various channel widths and channels including the auto option. Auto option allows me to enable it but as it defaults to an invalid frequency (5.000 GHz) it doesn't broadcast any signal. I also tried changing the country as well as deleting and recreating it but it didn't help. Is this a bug or is is there anything that I can do to fix it? All help is appreciated.

What version did you upgrade from?

I tried an upgrade from 21.02.0 and a clean install but faced the same issue.

Did you checked Country Code?

[driver default] or [00 World] may not work. Set it to US or your country.

i am facing same issue with linksys e5600 after upgrading to 21.02.2

Hi, yes I've tried different country codes but it didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

21.02.0 is the original and most stable release for the E5600. The routing and AP performance is outstanding on 21.02.0. It's perfect for my needs so I've decided to just stick to it for now.

Ok, 21.02.2 seems to have mt76 driver bug. Try SNAPSHOT build.
21.02.0 is not stable, also.

Below: my experience.

About MT7613BE chipset bug of mt76 driver: At now, mostly works well. But some minor bugs remain.
To use bug resolved driver, you must use OpenWrt SNAPSHOT build. (or have to compile driver yourself).

[mt7613/mt7615] client connected but ping fail · Issue #518 · openwrt/mt76 (github.com)

1 Like

I'll try it out and share my experience.

Just tried the snapshot, the flash new firmware option worked for the first time which is a great sign. The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz AP seem to work well, the stability and performance are great in the short period since I've installed the snapshot. Hopefully this fix comes to the main release soon. I'll continue my observation and report any findings over the day.

The snapshot is less stable (disconnections in low load scenarios) than the original 21.02.0 in my experience so I've returned to it for now.

I have a similar issue on a EA6500. My problem seems to be that the 5ghz radio isn't working in OpenWRT but is under the Stock firmware. I've even tried a 19.07.9 firmware to see if that worked.

1 Like

OpenWrt 21.02.1 r16325-88151b8303 is working great without any issue.. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.