4G Modem doesn't work because of usb-modeswitch (Huawei E160G)

I'm trying to add a 4G modem (Huawei E160G) to my OpenWrt-loaded router (Sagemcom F@ST 2804, OpenWrt 18.06).
Previously I had another modem (ZTE MF192) which worked almost fine after creating a custom usb-modeswitch configuration file under /etc/usb_modeswitch.d.

My new modem doesn't change the mode from USB to the modem.
The root cause seems to be in usb-modeswitch - I see my modem in the list of connected USB devices, but it is not available when creating a 4G interface.

lsusb output:
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 12d1:1003 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E220 HSDPA Modem / E230/E270/E870 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem

I've tried to take a look on usb-modeswitch config, but faced a strange issue.
opkg list shows me that usb-modeswitch package is installed (and it worked with the previous modem), but I couldn't find any predefined configuration data for it.
/lib/udev/rules.d/40-usb_modeswitch.rules, /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf don't exist, and /usr/share/usb_modeswitch folder is completely empty.
/etc/usb_modeswitch.d contains only my configuration file for the previous modem.
So basically it seems that I don't have any predefined data for usb-modeswitch.

I've downloaded usb-modeswitch package for Linux from here, copied all these files via SSH to the router, but it still doesn't work.

usb-modeswitch-data package is not available via opkg, official site states that it was merged with usb-modeswitch.

What am I doing wrong? Please advise.