3 Zyxel nwa50ax Pro: 1 router and 2 wireless bridges

Hello.

I am planning to update the home network with the wifi 6 and I would like to apply following configuration, I assume OpenWRT can do it, but I would like to be sure before purchasing the items:

1. Zyxel nwa50ax pro number 1 connected via WAN to the main modem. The Zyxel acts as Wifi6 router/AP enabling 160MHz and WPA3. I plan to set Panama as country on every device.
  2. Zyxel nwa50ax pro number 2 set as wireless bridge (using relayd) to connect the devices in the living room. The Zyxel is connected to a lan switch.
  3. Zyxel nwa50ax pro number 3 set as wireless bridge (using relayd) to connect the devices in the bed room. The Zyxel is connected to a lan switch.

I would like to ensure that the wireless bridges in the bedroom and living room can access the 160 MHz and the WPA3.

Are there technical limitations know that will prevent the 160 MHz and WPA3 to work with relayd?

You need to set your own country, the one you're actually residing in there, this in not optional. Beyond the legal implications and severe monetary penalties involved, you are messing up the situation for your (and your neighbours') clients as well (e.g. anything Intel will crap out when seeing diverging country codes), so people will notice.

2 Likes