21.02.0 on GL-AR750S

Hi all

Has anyone succeeded flashing 21.02.0 on GL-AR750S ?

I flashed openwrt-21.02.0-rc2-ath79-nand-glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-nand-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin but the GL-AR750S boots up without WiFi or Ethernet. I also considered flashing openwrt-21.02.0-rc2-ath79-nand-glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin but GL web-GUI, and Luci and sysupgrade complain it is not a valid firmware. Should I nevertheless force flash? So I reverted back to latest GL firmware using de-brick via u-boot with openwrt-ar750s-3.201-0402.img (19.07.7).

fwiw: before flashing 21.02.0 I had configured 19.07.7 GL firmware Network Mode as 'Access Point' (which is what I need the box for). But I guess that won't matter.

So, any success stories are welcome. :neutral_face:

PS: I also opened a thread in GL.iNet forum asking if GL-AR750S upgrade to 21.02.0 is planned (or not). https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/gl-ar750s-upgrade-future/16072

Maybe this helps...

1 Like

@16F84
Thanks!
I installed the 21.02.0-rc2 nor (not nor-nand) on the GL-AR750S using u-boot web recovery. This nor file is an u-boot image as opposed to the nor-nand file which is a tar archive. Note that GL-X750 ath79 upgrade files are also u-boot images. It all makes sense. The box runs fine as access point with very satisfying performance. I have not bothered trying the nor-nand flash anymore. Basically I am happy and will buy several GL-AR750S to replace all my existing access points.

1 Like

N1 thanks for clarifying which one to load. I have 4 of them. Best router ever. It's like a mini C7.

1 Like

@16F84
Do you also run 21.02 nor, or perhaps 21.02 nor-nand, or perhaps latest GL 19.07, or perhaps even something else on your GL-AR750S boxes ? :slight_smile:

FW 3.201 stock (ie. 19.07.7). I was to chicken to flash anything due to the extra NOR/NAND challenges / new user to OpenWrt. They are just so damn handy to reset and reconfigure to test stuff / learn. Made a mesh and tested tons of configurations. Most fun I ever had. Sniff the UCI for VPN configs. Ordered a 5th but I think it was a eBay scammer. :fire: :dollar: Current uses: 2 x AP/STA (TV/STEREO), edge router (saves energy only 2.5 - 3 watts).

Yeah. HTOP.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.