2 vlans on router, 1 resolves dns queries, 1 does not

Hi,
Have 2 routers, r1 is main one connected to internet , an an upstream router r2 connected to r1.
r2 has whitelisted lan domain on r1, and everything worked fine until I created a new vlan on r2 .
The original vlan (but now reduced to 2 ethernet ports on the switch) still works fine. However the new vlan with 2 ethernet ports and radio1 works fine except for resolving dns queries, and I have no idea why.
I have a basic understanding of networking but get bamboozled with the myriad of settings and check boxes on the web interface.

All suggestion/help much appreciated.

Use ssh to connect to the devices.
Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button for both devices R1 and R2:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ls -l  /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/* ; head -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/*
1 Like

Thanks trendy for those commands - I didn't know you could do that. I see a couple of things that caught my attention. I will have a go at solving this issue again, and if still can't work it out will post the output.