2 ssid one vpn'd one not

Hello I am new to OpenWRT and trying to figure some things out, I am trying to determine how interfaces work. Is it possbile to create duplicate WAN and LAN ports, that run off the same ports that are already connected, and create a wireless network that doesn't run through the VPN i setup? Or is there another way to do it? I guess my lack of knowledge here on this software is showing. I'm guessing the ports are phyiscal ports, and i would have to connect more cables into the modem and tag them for those specific functions? Is there an easier way to do what I am attempting to accomplish? I have my VPN interface attached to my wan in firewall, and every ssid i create follows the same rules. Sorry for dumb questions. Trying to learn how this all works. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks a lot in advance for your assistance.

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried to install that package, but i am seeing an error that i have an incompatible kernel. I guess im running a snapshot image of 19.07. I have the stuff to build my own image, but there's so many options, I don't know what to chose or where to find the revelant data.

The files needed to support old snapshots are deleted after about a week, so you'll have to replace the whole OS. If your model is covered by a release version, upgrade to it.

according the the TOH im only covered by SNAPSHOT

Then you should install any packages asap after installing openwrt, or make a local copy on the package repository.

i got it installed. ive been trying it out without much luck. i guess im appealing for help now haha. not sure how to configure this plugin

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.