19.07.1 broke 2.4GHz WiFi of TP-Link Archer C7 V5

Hello,

After upgrading from openwrt-19.07.0-rc2-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade to openwrt-19.07.1-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade My 2.4GHz WiFi did not turn on.

I have found and installed openwrt-19.07.2-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade and problem with my WiFi is no more.

Just wanted to provide a feedback here for other people that may have similar problem as it is a kind of problem that seems to happen rarely

You could also correct the pci device address im config/wireless manually and it starts to work again. This is a migration issue, beginning with fresh defaults it works out of the box

3 Likes

I do not know how to do that. Is there any document/link to check and learn?

Thanks.

If you are comnected via cable you could delete the etc/config/wireless file, reboot, take the correct address out to clipboard, restore your wireless config and put the address to radio1/path
I don't remember it because typing on my phone.

1 Like

Having the same issue with 19.07.1-ath79 on TP-Link TL-WDR3600. I made the mistake not to un-check "keep config" while upgrading. I don't know enough to follow your instructions. Is there is simple way to get 2.4GHz back? Can I rollback and redo upgrade with un-checked "keep config" or something like this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Invoking firstboot, which resets your device to factory defaults should be everything needed.

1 Like

Yes. Thanks

What exactly do you mean by " take the correct address out to clipboard,"?
And 'restore' the wireless config?

Would this work for other browsers because 19.07.02 removed my 5Ghz on an old Trendnet

I meant the path from the wireless config radio sections:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option channel '36'
	option hwmode '11a'
	option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0'
	option htmode 'VHT80'
	option txpower '20'
	option country 'DE'
	option legacy_rates '0'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option hwmode '11g'
	option path 'platform/ahb/ahb:apb/18100000.wmac'
	option channel '1'
	option htmode 'HT40'
	option country 'DE'
	option legacy_rates '0'
	option txpower '20'

Thanks. I meant routers by the way... I must have had 'browsers' on my mind.

I think the paths are hardware specific. May be luck of they are the same on another model.

1 Like