18.6.2 LuCI DHCPv6 leases list is empty

Hello all,
Have 2 identical NETGEAR WNDR4300 routers running the same OWrt 18.6.2.
One day I have switched the IPv6 network (like DHCPv6 or WAN6) off on one of them.
The problem is the Active DHCPv6 leases list is empty now, even after enabling it back ...
For me it seems the DHCPv6 is served by odhcpd-ipv6only v1.15-3.
What's more I'm sure the odhcp is running as I can catch the syslog messages clearly showing the IPv6 assignments.

The question is, how can I get my leases list back ?

I just observed this today in LuCI Master (git-19.301.33306-7707b67.

DHCPv6 leases are still being being issued. FYI, I upgraded from 19.07-SNAPSHOT to OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r11357-b49f2113cc.

Hi all!

TLDR:

Edit /etc/config/dhcp and change "dnsmask" leases file to a different file then "odhcpd" file.
Then I also set the leasefile option on luci to point to /tmp/dhcp.leases:

Below is a /etc/config/dhcp config example file that I based myself from this forum post:

config dnsmasq
    option leasefile '/tmp/dhcp.leases'
config odhcpd 'odhcpd'
    option leasefile '/tmp/hosts/odhcpd'

Long history below:

• I am using OpenWRT 15.05.1, but my DHCP (v4 and v6) leases tables were always empty from day 1.
  • I found out in the forums that using odhcpd to serve IP(v6 address) causes conflicts with dnsmask regarding the files used and how luci reads it.
  • Then seeing the forum post I just realized that the file that luci reads by default may not be the same and doing the configuration above it started to work!!! :grinning:

Thanks!