OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: nodogsplash on 8.09 RC2

The content of this topic has been archived on 11 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am trying to install nodogsplash on kamikaze 8.09 RC2 2.6-brcm (wrt54gs v1.0) and I cannot get it to work.

First of all - there are some errors in init script. stop() is missing } closing bracket and in startup there's line
with test_module() where you need to remove $0 before it works..

---

After this - nodogsplash is running and everything seems to work fine - expect:
After user has authenticated, firewall still won't let user to go to internet.

Could someone please check up on this and possibly work on a update? I have contacted original author who asked me to bring the problem to here..
I would try to help, but I am too busy myself and I am pretty sure that someone else can do this much easier than me who would need to read awhole a lot of sources as this project isn't familiar to me from past and ofcourse I would need to study a lot about firewall tech as well..

I do something like this to get nodog working properly on 8.09 2.4 bcrm:
opkg install http://kokoro.ucsd.edu/nodogsplash/latest.ipk
cd /etc/init.d
mv S65nodogsplash nodogsplash
cd /etc/rc.d
ln -s /etc/init.d/nodogsplash S65nodogsplash
mv /etc/nodogsplash /etc/nodogsplash.orig
opkg remove nodogsplash
opkg install nodogsplash
mv /etc/nodogsplash.orig /etc/nodogsplash

Have fun,
--
Dan

Thanks, but this left me exactly to the original situation. NoDogSplash seems to start and work just great - 'till the point.. Where user would authenticate (if you didn't enable userid/passwd auth, just click the dog on the webpage) - then browser results that server didn't reply.

If I check status I see that nodogsplash sees me as authenticated, but still I can't get to internet. I am not sure, but I think.. That my traffic is not marked as Authenticated (0x400) by firewall (and therefore allowed).. But I don't have any ideas really..

Could there be something in 8.09 RC2's 2.6 branch kernel/iptables?

I mean, I wasn't able to get gw6c to work either (I set it to boot and my router became unreachable)

The discussion might have continued from here.