OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Asterisk 1.4.16 and Zaptel 1.4.7.1

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Jan 2018 and 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

zandbelt wrote:

apparently you selected app_meetme, ...

You are right. I deselected app_meetme and asterisk-1.4.18 got compiled/packaged. However, now another problem surfaced when trying to compile asterisk-addons-1.4.6 as shown below:

gzip -dc /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/dl/asterisk-addons-1.4.6.tar.gz | /bin/tar -C /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/build_dir/mips/asterisk-addons-1.4.6/.. -xf -

Applying ./patches/011-chan_mobile.patch using plaintext: 
patching file build_tools/menuselect-deps.in
patching file channels/chan_mobile.c
patching file configs/mobile.conf.sample
patching file configure.ac
patching file doc/chan_mobile.txt
patching file Makefile
patching file makeopts.in

Applying ./patches/011-chan_mobile.patch.rej using plaintext: 
missing header for context diff at line 1 of patch
can't find file to patch at input line 1
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
File to patch:

So far, I had only patched my feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x with this openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.18.patch file. I don't suppose the above error requires this openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.18-addons-1.4.6-zaptel-1.4.9.2.patch file.

mazilo wrote:
zandbelt wrote:

apparently you selected app_meetme, ...

You are right. I deselected app_meetme and asterisk-1.4.18 got compiled/packaged. However, now another problem surfaced when trying to compile asterisk-addons-1.4.6 as shown below:

gzip -dc /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/dl/asterisk-addons-1.4.6.tar.gz | /bin/tar -C /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/build_dir/mips/asterisk-addons-1.4.6/.. -xf -

Applying ./patches/011-chan_mobile.patch using plaintext: 
patching file build_tools/menuselect-deps.in
patching file channels/chan_mobile.c
patching file configs/mobile.conf.sample
patching file configure.ac
patching file doc/chan_mobile.txt
patching file Makefile
patching file makeopts.in

Applying ./patches/011-chan_mobile.patch.rej using plaintext: 
missing header for context diff at line 1 of patch
can't find file to patch at input line 1
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
File to patch:

So far, I had only patched my feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x with this openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.18.patch file. I don't suppose the above error requires this openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.18-addons-1.4.6-zaptel-1.4.9.2.patch file.

use the full patch; it'll solve your first problem and it corrects some other stuff; it builds asterisk-1.4.18-2 (instead of 1.4.18-1 for the first patch)

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:

use the full patch; it'll solve your first problem and it corrects some other stuff; it builds asterisk-1.4.18-2 (instead of 1.4.18-1 for the first patch)

If this openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.18.patch file is a full patch, then it is the one I have applied to my OpenWRT source and it produced the 2nd error.

mazilo wrote:
zandbelt wrote:

If this openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.18.patch file is a full patch, then it is the one I have applied to my OpenWRT source and it produced the 2nd error.

no the second one is the full patch: it bundles asterisk, asterisk-addons and zaptel

no, they are not; make sure your build environment is clean; use the build process as literally described before: http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=64746#p64746
I just verified those steps once again from yet another new directory: no rejects

or even better, use the pre-compiled packages...

Hans.

Hans, I got asterisk-1.4.18.1 compiled and it is running on my Fonera WiFi router now. Thanks for your help. My problem was due to some backup directory of feed/packages/net/temp/asterisk-1.4.x that I completely forgot about it. So, the error messages of re-applying patches were caused by the 2nd asterisk-addons-1.4.6 compilation from the backup directory. My apology for the hectics caused by this.

BTW, the problem of missing /var/run/asterisk.ctl still persists and can be coped with either the -v or -f switch. Do you know what causes this problem and can it be fixed through its source?

(Last edited by mazilo on 21 Mar 2008, 01:39)

mazilo wrote:

Hans, I got asterisk-1.4.18.1 compiled and it is running on my Fonera WiFi router now. Thanks for your help. My problem was due to some backup directory of feed/packages/net/temp/asterisk-1.4.x that I completely forgot about it. So, the error messages of re-applying patches were caused by the 2nd asterisk-addons-1.4.6 compilation from the backup directory. My apology for the hectics caused by this.

BTW, the problem of missing /var/run/asterisk.ctl still persists and can be coped with either the -v or -f switch. Do you know what causes this problem and can it be fixed through its source?

are you using your own compiled image or just the standard 7.09 images with a self-compiled Asterisk ?

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:

are you using your own compiled image or just the standard 7.09 images with a self-compiled Asterisk ?

Hans, my Fonera unit is running with my own compiled asterisk off the OpenWRT SVN trunk with your full patches for asterisk-1.4.18 that you posted on ticket #3196.  I just modified the feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x/Makefile file to use 1.4.18.1 for PKG_VERSION with a new PKG_MD5SUM and asterisk-1.4.18.1 got patched and compiled with no problem. Thank you for your patches and I appreciated that.

mazilo wrote:
zandbelt wrote:

Hans, my Fonera unit is running with my own compiled asterisk off the OpenWRT SVN trunk with your full patches for asterisk-1.4.18 that you posted on ticket #3196.  I just modified the feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x/Makefile file to use 1.4.18.1 for PKG_VERSION with a new PKG_MD5SUM and asterisk-1.4.18.1 got patched and compiled with no problem. Thank you for your patches and I appreciated that.

I was asking about the original *image* that you put on it, not the additional packages: was it a downloaded, standard 7.09 image, or a self-compiled image (I mean the squashfs thingy)

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:

I was asking about the original *image* that you put on it, not the additional packages: was it a downloaded, standard 7.09 image, or a self-compiled image (I mean the squashfs thingy)

I am not sure what exactly you were asking about the original *image*; however, if I understood you correctly, I followed this Installing OpenWrt with RedBoot instructions to flash my Fonera unit with my own built OpenWRT firmware from the SVN source tree. This installation calls for a squashfs firmware which I used. The login screen on my Fonera unit and its asterisk-1.4.18.1 CLI are shown below:

BusyBox v1.8.2 (2008-03-01 09:30:57 EST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge, r10626) -------------------
  * 10 oz Vodka       Shake well with ice and strain
  * 10 oz Triple sec  mixture into 10 shot glasses.
  * 10 oz lime juice  Salute!
 ---------------------------------------------------
root@Fonerisk:~# rasterisk
Asterisk 1.4.18.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 1.4.18.1 currently running on Fonerisk (pid = 533)
Fonerisk*CLI>

The OpenWRT firmware I built for my Fonera unit is a stripped down version with some additional lib packages needed by asterisk-1.4.18.1 and it is pre-configured with a static IP Address of 192.168.1.2, along with a proper NETMASK and DNS servers, into the firmware. Does that answer your question?

mazilo wrote:

The OpenWRT firmware I built for my Fonera unit is a stripped down version with some additional lib packages needed by asterisk-1.4.18.1 and it is pre-configured with a static IP Address of 192.168.1.2, along with a proper NETMASK and DNS servers, into the firmware. Does that answer your question?

Yes; the problem you have is not related to Asterisk in itself: your Asterisk package will work on the pre-built Kamikaze 7.09 images that you can download from here. Building your own image from recent SVN trunk is reported to cause the problem that you currently have.

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:

Yes; the problem you have is not related to Asterisk in itself: your Asterisk package will work on the pre-built Kamikaze 7.09 images that you can download from here. Building your own image from recent SVN trunk is reported to cause the problem that you currently have.

Many thanks Hans for your prompt replies. At least, now I know what causes the problem of missing /var/run/asterisk.ctl. I just hope this problem will get resolved before OpenWRT releases the next version of Kamikazi.

after switching back to uclibc-0.9.28, I could get working asterisk. It also helps other programs like "top". I couldn't stop the process with <CTRL>C using uclib-0.9.29. I could find a bug filled for this issue: http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=1779.
Charles

Thank you Zandbelt.

- osx
- trunk r10697
- everything compiles fine except:

1) chan_gtalk:

checking for gsm_create in -lgsm... no
checking for iks_start_sasl in -liksemel... no
configure: ***
configure: *** The Iksemel Jabber Library installation on this system appears to be broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-iksemel
make[3]: *** [/Volumes/OpenWrt/trunk/build_dir/mipsel/asterisk-1.4.18/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Volumes/OpenWrt/trunk/feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/asterisk-1.4.x/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Volumes/OpenWrt/trunk'
make[1]: *** [/Volumes/OpenWrt/trunk/staging_dir/mipsel/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Volumes/OpenWrt/trunk'
make: *** [world] Error 2

2) don't know how to compile zaptel14 (it doesn't show in buildroot config; I see only 1.2 package).

Any clue?

ciao

Wallace

cki wrote:

after switching back to uclibc-0.9.28, I could get working asterisk.

Thanks for sharing this information. I recompiled my OpenWRT SVN r10733 + asterisk-1.4.19 (using my own crude patches) with uClibc-0.9.28.2 and now it works (without the -v switch), except some of my jabber/gtalk .conf files are broken and need some fixes. wink

It also helps other programs like "top". I couldn't stop the process with <CTRL>C using uclib-0.9.29. I could find a bug filled for this issue: http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=1779.
Charles

I didn't encounter any problem to use a <Ctrl-C> to (terminate) get out of top program compiled with either a uClibc-0.9.29 or a uClibc-0.9.28.2 library.

Hello Hans!

When do you plan to compile 1.4.19 asterisk package?

Sincerely
Kirill

iam wrote:

Hello Hans!

Sincerely
Kirill

I have not planned that; since patches don't get applied in the repository, it has become too cumbersome for me to maintain Asterisk in this way on my own.

Sorry,

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:

I have not planned that; since patches don't get applied in the repository, it has become too cumbersome for me to maintain Asterisk in this way on my own.

Sorry,

Hans.

Why are those patches not appied in the repository ?

zandbelt wrote:
iam wrote:

Hello Hans!

Sincerely
Kirill

Sorry,

Hans.

Really sorry!

I was waiting for 1.4.19 because of bug http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11707

Sincerely
Kirill

Hi,
I apologize now if I posted in the wrong place.
I own a Wl700ge with Kamikaze 7.09 kernel 2.4 installed on a usb flashpen so space is not a problem.
I have this installation:

root@Wl700gE:/proc# ipkg list_installed | grep asterisk14
asterisk14 - 1.4.18-2 -
asterisk14-addons-format-mp3 - 1.4.2-4 -
asterisk14-gui - svn-1146-1 -
asterisk14-sounds - 1.4.18-2 -
asterisk14-voicemail - 1.4.18-2 -

I tried to install the most recent version of zaptel /ztdummy I found:
http://members.home.nl/hans.zandbelt/op … mipsel.ipk
Unfortunately when I try cat /proc/zaptel I receive:

root@Wl700gE:/proc# ipkg install kmod-zaptel14
Installing kmod-zaptel14 (2.4.34-1.4.9.2-brcm-1) to root...
Downloading http://members.home.nl/hans.zandbelt/openwrt/kamikaze/7.09//kmod-zaptel14_2.4.34-1.4.9.2-brcm-1_mipsel.ipk
Configuring kmod-zaptel14
rm: cannot remove '/dev/zap/channel': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove '/dev/zap/ctl': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove '/dev/zap/pseudo': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove '/dev/zap/timer': Operation not permitted
mknod: /dev/zap/ctl: File exists
mknod: /dev/zap/timer: File exists
mknod: /dev/zap/channel: File exists
mknod: /dev/zap/pseudo: File exists
postinst script returned status 1
ERROR: kmod-zaptel14.postinst returned 1

root@Wl700gE:/proc# cat /proc/zaptel/
cat: read error: Is a directory

root@Wl700gE:/proc# lsmod  | sort
zaptel                192016   0 (unused)

root@Wl700gE:/proc# dmesg
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zaptel Version: 1.4.9.2
Zaptel Echo Canceller: MG2

root@Wl700gE:/proc# zttest -v
Unable to open zap interface: No such device or address

root@Wl700gE:/dev/zap# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            0 Jan  1  1970 ..
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     196, 254 Jan  1  1970 channel
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     196,   0 Jan  1  1970 ctl
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     196, 255 Jan  1  1970 pseudo
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     196, 253 Jan  1  1970 timer
crw-r--r--    1 root     root     196, 250 Jun 12 22:17 transcode

it says /proc/zaptel is a directory and nothing works.

Im maiinly a newbie so can anyone help me pls?

Thanks and bye.
Pino.

(Last edited by puppinoo on 12 Jun 2008, 21:45)

The discussion might have continued from here.