OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: midnight commander

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Is there anywhere a midnight commander package for openwrt?

lazy boy  :-)
it was also my favourite editor/filemanager on my SuSE linux server but with openwrt i learned more about using vi, cp, mv, mkdir rmdir etc.pp. ...
btw: if editor than i need joe :-)
ciao Gerd

You also might be interested in trying deco as it's a lot smaller than mc.
I couldn't fit all I wanted in my installation of openwrt rc5 to v4 device since
there isn't so much memory, but leaving mc out and using deco instead solved
this. (Well, I still don't have a lot of space in there, but atleast I got everything I ever
could need(I think)).

Anyway: http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=2838

Thank you so much for that URL!  The unslung repository had the net-tools package (which contains arp) I needed to get Shorewall ProxyARP working under OpenWRT.

j

Unslug ncurses is HUGE, but mc seems to work fine with openwrt libncurses if you install that and set TERMINFO variable to correct location.

I've tried to install and failed: no space left. How to clean up failed ncurses installation?

Installing ncurses (5.5-1) to root...

ipkg: write: No space left on device
Configuring ncurses
ipkg_conf_write_status_files: Can't open status file: //usr/lib/ipkg/status for writing: No space left on device
pkg_write_filelist pkg=ncurses returned 28
Successfully terminated.
Collected errors:
Could not open //usr/lib/ipkg/info/ncurses.list for writing: No space left on device
Could not open //usr/lib/ipkg/info/ncurses.list for writing: No space left on device

hi
a try install mc from the third post
all was allright
a have OpenWrt on Asus 500gPremium on OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09
without warning and problems but when i write mc i get a message:

root@OpenWrt:/hdd/programy# mc
-ash: mc: not found

i don't now what to do
would someone help me how to install this software
i appreciate for everything

(Last edited by WaLeC on 10 Jan 2008, 10:41)

The discussion might have continued from here.