OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WPA2/AES with WDS doesn´t work

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

i have tested my both WRT54GS v1.1 with the new OpenWRT WhiteRussian RC5. In my first configuration I set the encryption mode to WPA1 with TKIP and the WDS link between the both routers are worked after the reboot. Second I set the encryption mode to WPA1 with AES and reboot the router. After a short moment the WDS link is up and working fine. In the third configuration i set the encryption to WPA2/TKIP and rebooted the both routers. The WDS link is down! In my last configuration i set the encryption to WPA2/AES and the same as in my third configuration the WDS link come´s not up.

I see on both routers the "wds0.4915" interface and the started service "385 root        484 S   /usr/sbin/nas -P /var/run/nas.lan.pid -l br0 -H 34954 -i eth1 -A -m 128 -k a73901fa7bde63ffAac628ABFCDE649120987A63b665C536D7366"

what is my problem? Any Idea´s?

Thanks a lot...

gretchen

Same here with 2 wrt54g v3. The wds link is in WPA1/TKIP for the moment.

If this is not a configuration issue, I am really sure we can do nothing about it. Nas is binary only and closed source. wl.o
is binary only and closed source.

Ask Linksys about releasing the source or try to reproduce the bug with Linksys original firmware.

bye
wbx

I'm not surprised that WPA2+WDS doesn't work - WPA2+WET mode doesn't work either (although WPA2+STA and WPA1+WET are OK)

wbx wrote:

If this is not a configuration issue, I am really sure we can do nothing about it. Nas is binary only and closed source. wl.o
is binary only and closed source.

Ask Linksys about releasing the source or try to reproduce the bug with Linksys original firmware.

bye
wbx

Hi,

ok I understand. Thanks for the answer.

I have still one question to the nas binary. When i configure in the webinterface WPA(PSK) Mode=WPA2 Algo=AES and then i see the nas service "/usr/sbin/nas -P /var/run/nas.lan.pid -l br0 -H 34954 -i eth1 -A -m 128 -k abcdef1234567890 -s test -w 4".

In the documentation from the nas binary is the -m 128 parameter PSK2 and not WPA2 (-m 64) is that correct? What is the different between WPA2 and PSK2?

Thanks a lot.

gretchen

Hi Gretchen,

I found your issue and wonder if you're seeing another example of same problem I see using TKIP on NAS.  But my problem goes away using AES: http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=5084

I found a very basic ethernet packet gets modified/corrupted.  My problem existed on and I assume identical in RC4.  I may experiment with the nas options - we have similar questions.

EDIT: I see in http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/nas that both wpa/wpa2 seems to infer only Radius Server Authentication while psk/psk2 is strictly PSK.

(Last edited by Bill_MI on 2 Apr 2006, 17:44)

The discussion might have continued from here.