OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenVPN

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get encryption/authentication working with OpenVPN? In server mode using tls-server I just get a floating point exception when starting up OpenVPN. If I put the WRT into tls-client mode it starts up but then I get the same floating point exception when the remote client connects and tries to authenticate. I also cant get PSK working - I get the following error:

Sat Jan  1 03:13:34 2000 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Sat Jan  1 03:13:34 2000 Fatal decryption error (process_incoming_link), restarting
Sat Jan  1 03:13:34 2000 SIGUSR1[soft,decryption-error] received, process restarting

I would really like to hear if anyone has managed to get this going!

Thanks, Dan

I did get PSK working without any problems. Haven't tried public/private key stuff yet.

I did use OpenVPN 2.0 (-11 I think) both on the server and the client (WRT).

Jannes

I managed to get PSK working, it was my fault! I didn't put the same cipher setting on each side. Once I'd done that it was fine. Still can't get certs working though, but I'm happy enough with PSK for the moment.

Dan

I have OpenVPN working on my WRT54G in tls-server mode, but only if I use Linksys's gcc (I also get a floating point exception when I compile the OpenSSL library with openwrt's toolchain).

I have OpenVPN working on my WRT54G in tls-server mode, but only if I use Linksys's gcc (I also get a floating point exception when I compile the OpenSSL library with openwrt's toolchain).

That sounds like gcc bugs ? How can I use the linksys gcc BTW ?

follow the instructions of that page here:

Thanx, great!

/S.D

The discussion might have continued from here.