OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WRT54GX-v2 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 27 Mar 2018 and 16 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Sorry, was very tired when I posted. Will move it to a new topic.

Did anyone manage to get the serial port working ?

The JTAG connector is very small by the way (1.27 mm pitch I guess) and debugging will be very hard then.

I was wondering if there is any information that I can contribute to make this firmware a success.  I am saving my system logs into a text file on my computer.  Also, I was wondering if that router has been donated yet?

Well,

We (developpers) almost all have received a WRT54GX2, now that we have an access to the bootloader through serial port, it could be possible to hack it wink

Anyway we will probably need help for testing images, report bugs ...

I'd be happy to help test it!  I'm not sharp enough to help develop, but can test!

I'll nominate for testing too....

I`d like to test too! smile

Count me in for testing.  Also, if this works, maybe we could port a lite gui to it also as I work away from home a lot and would be very easy for me to make quick changes.

I was wondering if i could get an update what what is going on with the GX-v2 support.  And are the devs actually getting GX2 and not GX-v2?  And you can count me in also for testing.

(Last edited by winggndm on 23 May 2006, 19:52)

Count me in as yet another person who'd like to see some new firmware for this.  I'd be willing to donate (and help with testing) if it was the WRT54GX-V2 you were using, since that's what I have...

(Last edited by gweilo8888 on 26 Jun 2006, 23:35)

Hi, I have the router Belkin F5D8230, this router in theory uses the same chipset and mainboard like WRT54GX, at this moment I'm using Linksys WRT54GX firmware. I'd can help to test this firmware with my Belkin, and check if works.

Belkin v1000 or v2000? The 1000 has a different chipset.  It uses the broadcom chipset.  The v2000 may have a similar chipset.  Remember this thread is refering to the GX-V2 model, not the GX.  As far as I'm aware, you can't run the linksys firmware on the v2000 models,......yet wink

(Last edited by porko on 20 Jun 2006, 14:50)

Any developments?

I get the feeling not much is going on...  sad

You can count on me too in order to test that !

I'm really looking for it because Linksys firmware is not really that cool...

Any news about the hack or nothing for the moment ?

(Last edited by Eventreur on 15 Jul 2006, 11:10)

WRT54GX-v2 versie 2.00.19 is al weer uit nog steeds wat bugs in het firmware hoop dat snel de versie van jullie gaat uit komen want dat werkt nog altijd het beste dit is gewoon bagger

Devs: are you still working on the support of airgo mimo devices?

If so, could you please post any status report or maybe the airgo mimo driver sources you got?
I've got a Belkin F5D8230v1 on which I can successfully run OpenWRT WR RC5, only the wireless isn't working...
So I'd really appreciate a post of the sources for self compilation!

Thanks!!

(Last edited by Core_Z on 20 Jul 2006, 22:24)

I am working on the WRT54GX2 support (RTL8651B). Unfortunately, self gzip compressed image do not seem to work, anyone succeeded in loading a "almost custom" kernel ?

Florian_ - I'm glad to hear somebody's working on it, even if you've not had any luck yet!  smile

So fresh news from the front. I succeeded in loading a custom kernel, but it does not boot smile so I wonder how borked are the official sources.

Florian_ - well, that's a step in the right direction anyway!  So long as it doesn't kill your WRT, so you can keep loading new kernels and trying. wink

Any luck getting it to boot yet?

I'm getting exited again!

Me too, although I'm scared to get my hopes up...

Any news?

The discussion might have continued from here.