OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Support for WRTP54G

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Ydef wrote:

I've mapped the JTAG pinouts from the traces of J3 on this unit as follows:

May I ask how did you find these? I am doing the same on ADSL2MUE and surprisingly JP1 looks exactly like the EJTAG interface you describe (GND and Vcc lines do match). But I am not brave enough to connect anything that might break it down. Any advice?

BTW, on your bootloader login request, did you manage to get into it? From what I've read bootloader environment is stored with nvram config instead of being coded into the software itself so having access to read the flash partition should lead you to fin the boot login and password, don't you think? ADSL2MUE has version 1.2 too and ESC key works like a charm.

Regards

Jose Angel

YDEF -

The pinouts are fine.  Does this TI AR7 chip support DMA transactions?  Also - to get JTAG working - it should be quite easy, assuming the chip's EJTAG support is at 2.0 and not at the 2.5 or 2.6 standard - as those don't support DMA EJTAG transactions.  If so - then the Debrick Utility can be moddified quite easily to support this chip as well.  smile

Cheers,
-hairydairymaid

joseangel wrote:
Ydef wrote:

I've mapped the JTAG pinouts from the traces of J3 on this unit as follows:

May I ask how did you find these? I am doing the same on ADSL2MUE and surprisingly JP1 looks exactly like the EJTAG interface you describe (GND and Vcc lines do match). But I am not brave enough to connect anything that might break it down. Any advice?

That layout is a standard layout for certain 14 pin JTAG connections.  Not all maunfacturers will follow the standards - but in this case - it does look like a standard layout.

Building a JTAG cable for this should be very easy.  Check out the Xilinx Type III cables (or look at my guide) - either of which can be adapted quite easliy.

-hairydairymaid

FYI, using the existing JTAG pinout and code for a WRT54G[s].  I'm rechecking a couple things, most specifically the 3am solder job that probably netted a couple cold joints.  Wasn't expecting a 100% match, but did expect to pull something aside from NULL for a chip ID. 

Thoughts? Recommendations?

====================================
WRT54G EJTAG DeBrick Utility v2.2
====================================
Reading the configuration file.

=======================================
Using the pin configuration:
   TCK = 1
   TMS = 2
   TDI = 0
   TDO = 4
   Invert TDO = FALSE
=======================================

Probing bus...
CHIP ID: 00000000000000000000000000000000 (00000000)

now would it be posable for me to modofy the unpacked vonage virmware image and then upload that to my router if so how would i repack the image with the few simple modofications that i have made

Manning wrote:

I haven't tried using the upgrade page to downgrade my firmware, but from what I've read on other forums, others have successfully.

So this procedure doesn't work for you?

1.) login to the router normally at 192.168.15.1
2.) Open 192.168.15.1/update.html
3.) Enter username: user, password: tivonpw
4.) You should now be presented with the firmware update page.

I've verified that this works with firmware versions 1.0.18, 1.0.37 and 1.0.43 (the newest). Note that you can't login as user until you've already logged in as admin (little 'a').

First off you all rock, and your mostly over my head, but I'm enjoying hell outa reading here.

and I can get to the update page using firmware version 1.00.52.

edgreenberg wrote:

I was hoping to run Asterisk on the WRTP54G and use the phone port from Asterisk. Oh well.

With only 4/16MB RAM/Flash memory, it really is a hard press to squeeze in a complete Asterisk package. Some people have done so with a minimal/stripped version of Asterisk on WRT54G routers.

[OT]: These days, a Sony Playstation II (PS2), runs @300MHz requires no CPU FAN (very quite), is not very expensive. It can run Linux with a 32MB RAM and lots of HD spaces. IIRC, it's got a 10/100MB NIC and 1.1 USB ports. One can definitely attach a USB->10Mbps NIC adapter and convert this PS2 into a router + Asterisk + SER, etc.

n0ne wrote:

now would it be posable for me to modofy the unpacked vonage virmware image and then upload that to my router if so how would i repack the image with the few simple modofications that i have made

I believe the OpenWRT SDK package can be used to repackage your WRTP54G modified firmware.

Is anyone working to unlock this WRTP54G? The one I have is a virgin WRTP54G and user/tivonpw does not work. Can anyone please tell me if I need to get mine provisioned by Vonage first in order to use the user/tivonpw so I can flash it with the latest firmware?

A wiki page has been started detailing the WRTP54G and RTP300 at:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Har … ys/WRTP54G

I'll probably try the auctiontec hacking thing tomorrow or the next day to see if I can extract the mtd memory blocks...

mazilo wrote:
edgreenberg wrote:

I was hoping to run Asterisk on the WRTP54G and use the phone port from Asterisk. Oh well.

With only 4/16MB RAM/Flash memory, it really is a hard press to squeeze in a complete Asterisk package. Some people have done so with a minimal/stripped version of Asterisk on WRT54G routers.

[OT]: These days, a Sony Playstation II (PS2), runs @300MHz requires no CPU FAN (very quite), is not very expensive. It can run Linux with a 32MB RAM and lots of HD spaces. IIRC, it's got a 10/100MB NIC and 1.1 USB ports. One can definitely attach a USB->10Mbps NIC adapter and convert this PS2 into a router + Asterisk + SER, etc.

Although it would be a cinch to run nfs to expand fs size and run asterisk from there.

My guess is too that later iterations of this router will not have a seperate mini-pci card as this one has but have it integrated into the board.

This board is kind of like the wrt54g 1.0 in that respect. The first prototype of its kind, with a seperate mini-pci card slot that the ax100 resides in.  If you go to TI's homepage to look up the different models ar7 based voip router reference designs, you'll find that there's also a model with the chip integrated into the board much like more recent versions of wrt54g.  At which point, hardware mods become easier ... such as memory addon via gpio as is available for wrt54g/gs.

Ydef wrote:

This board is kind of like the wrt54g 1.0 in that respect.

You must be talking about a WRT54GP2 and not a WRTP54G unit.

Ydef wrote:

According to the PSPBoot page, there's less than a one second window where one can tftp an image named upgrade_code.bin to it, but I haven't had any luck in hitting it.

After re-reading this post, I am a bit lost here. What is an upgrade_code.bin firmware file? Is it a hacked firmware that can unlock a WRTP54G unit locked to Vonage?

nope, i'm talking about a wrtp54g.

You should educate yourself on this router a bit by reading up on it in the ar7 section of this site.  Pay particular attention to PSP Boot, which is the bootloader that runs on the wrtp54g.

Also, make sure to read this entire thread from the beginning.

So, now these RTP300/WRTP54G are hacked/unlocked, what is the status on porting OpenWRT + asterisk to run on these routers?

I have just brought a linksys WRTP54G-AU it has the unlocked AU/NZ Firmware.  I would like to back it up. So I can post it here and other places for people who currently have a locked down version of the firmware. And also so when I start playing around with my firmware I can get back to my current firmware. I know I have seen a way posted somewhere that did it from the cmd line but I cannot find it now. I am very familiar with routers and networking and windows but am relatively new to Linux so any guides would be great. I am also keen to know the status of porting openWRT to this router and if there is anything I can do to help with this. Thanks :-)

(Last edited by humvee on 23 Aug 2006, 05:50)

pap2boy wrote:
Ydef wrote:

According to the PSPBoot page, there's less than a one second window where one can tftp an image named upgrade_code.bin to it, but I haven't had any luck in hitting it.

After re-reading this post, I am a bit lost here. What is an upgrade_code.bin firmware file? Is it a hacked firmware that can unlock a WRTP54G unit locked to Vonage?

has anyone tried this option. How do I load the firmware using tftp. My router is locked to earthlink. wrtp54g-er user/tivonpw does not work. f/w is 1.00.48

The discussion might have continued from here.