OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Atheros AR7100

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 1 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

a very interesting mips 24k CPU by Atheros.  it already has two good looking products at a quite competitive price, the RB411 & Ubiquiti LSX.  anyone got their hands on a linux SDK for this CPU?

WiP wink

kaloz do you have any experimental image we can start play with and offer some feedback?

Not yet.. The code needs some serious cleanup, working on it right now as well..

Any news for rb411 port?
Any experimental image?

let's have the code !! :-)

The Routerboard 150 seems to be replaced with 450.
The 450 has Atheros AR7130 like 411.
It seems that Mikrotik replacing the rb1xx family with rb4xx family using Atheros AR7130.

http://www.aerial.net/shop/product_info … cts_id=479
(the photo is from rb150)

PS: Nothing official yet from routerboard.com

can't wait to see the RB433 --> 3 miniPCI, higher CPU clock, the replacement for the RB133  ...

Ubiquiti's LiteStationX is also based on this cpu.  other good news is that RB433 is coming out next month providing three onboard miniPCI slots.

Now if I can get the damned serial port working, I'll have something to commit as well tongue I'm pretty sure the kernel itself does work..

acoul wrote:

other good news is that RB433 is coming out next month providing three onboard miniPCI slots.

I think that 433 will kill 333, maybe mikrotik will delay the 433 release....
Good news Kaloz... smile

(Last edited by Slammer on 26 Apr 2008, 13:30)

Slammer wrote:
acoul wrote:

other good news is that RB433 is coming out next month providing three onboard miniPCI slots.

I think that 433 will kill 333, maybe mikrotik will delay the 433 release....

RB333 was dead since day #1 ... :-)  RB600 does not look that good either not to mention RB1000 ... if something is going to become best seller that is going to be the RB433 with a 400MHz or 600MHz CPU !!

acoul wrote:

if something is going to become best seller that is going to be the RB433 with a 400MHz or 600MHz CPU !!

Specially, with Openwrt support wink

What's the process for getting OpenWRT burned into flash on the 411/433?

Hey guys any update on rb411 wrtg port?

great news as far as hardware.  RB433AH is out !!  apparently this CPU can overclock up to 800MHz !! it's pity openwrt doesn't support yet this platform as it looks it's going to be best seller !! patches are out for some time now.  I guess we need more developers and hackers for the openwrt project :-)

thanks acoul I finally see the patches from mikrotik, i saw rb411 code in 2.6.22 kernel. going to try it on my 411 board this weekend.

I will buy a rb411 to help development asap.....
I like this board!

I have asked for latest patches from both Mikrotik and Ubiquiti

I have compiled the kernel with acoul's patch, need load to my 411 board and see how far it can go tonight.

xxiao wrote:

I have compiled the kernel with acoul's patch, need load to my 411 board and see how far it can go tonight.

hi xxiao,

i am pretty new to kernel compiling and stuff, if youcan share the elf image i will really be grateful.

Regards,

my rb411 is failing to load the kernel, it loads from a tftp server for a few minutes then failed, i can see the packets are moving. the image is 4MB, not sure why it can not even load the kernel to its memory yet.
if i can get a booting vmlinux i can send it to you...

xxiao, what kernel version are you trying to boot?  Can you commit your patches so I can give them a try?  I asked MikroTik for 2.6.24.3 kernel patches that they use for their RouterOS product but they declined to release any further patches, they said something about not having time and bureaucracy issues ...  I asked Ubiquiti for patches for their LSX product and they also said that they have none available.  Finally I asked Atheros for a Linux SDK for this family of processors but got no reply.

thereof, currently I am spending my hardware budget on Alix boards and I strongly advice the audience to do the same until we get some decent code and support for these new devices. open source support is a critical aspect for choosing the right product.

@kaloz: where can we get some code to start playing with ... ?

(Last edited by acoul on 16 May 2008, 05:21)

acoul, i used the patch you found at http://wifi.ozo.com/airo/mirror/mikroti … l_patches/, merged and compiled a 2.6.22-14 kernel, i can find 411 is added from the source(though i do not know how complete it is), however i could not get bootp working, need ask Kaloz on that, looks like he got further.

Ι dont understand why mikrotik is tring to hide the patches.
They are selling their boards only with routerOS included in the price. There is no profit loss if someone erase the routeros and use the boards with custom firmware.

Sorry, posts 26 to 25 are missing from our archive.