OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Fails to compile Kamikaze for AR7

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi.

I'm trying to compile Kamikaze version 7305 for AR7 (default configuration) and I got the following error:

CC      drivers/char/pty.o
  CC      drivers/char/misc.o
  CC      drivers/char/hw_random/core.o
  LD      drivers/char/hw_random/built-in.o
  CC      drivers/char/watchdog/ar7_wdt.o
  LD      drivers/char/watchdog/built-in.o
  CC      drivers/char/ar7_gpio.o
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c: In function 'ar7_gpio_write':
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:57: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_set_value'
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:64: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ar7_gpio_disable'
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:68: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ar7_gpio_enable'
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:73: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_direction_input'
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:78: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_direction_output'
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c: In function 'ar7_gpio_read':
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:94: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gpio_get_value'
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c: In function 'ar7_gpio_open':
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:105: error: 'AR7_GPIO_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:105: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/char/ar7_gpio.c:105: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[7]: *** [drivers/char/ar7_gpio.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [drivers/char] Error 2
make[5]: *** [drivers] Error 2

Any suggestions?

Regards.

Booboo.

Hi!

Try to delete empty "gpio.h" files

from "target/linux/ar7-2.6/files/include/asm-mips/" and
from "target/linux/ar7-2.6/files/include/asm-generic/"

then run

make target/linux-clean world

Hi.

Thanks. It works.

Regards.

Booboo.

Hi

I have a D-Link DSL-504T that I successfully loaded with a kamikaze r5428 for AR7. That was back under 2.4. I have successfully compiled a new version ( so sorry this may not be the right place to ask ) but when I load the new version onto the router I am unable to contact the router on the chosen ip address or log on to it in any way.  It still functions as a switch but I was looking to use it as a firewall.

One thing I do not know is the U-Boot Board Configuration, which may or may not be part of my problem.

Any help greatly appreciated
belljo

The discussion might have continued from here.