OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Texas Instruments avalanche DSL modem working with linux 2.6.19 on AR7

The content of this topic has been archived between 4 Apr 2018 and 16 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

ctype wrote:

Is this patch will help with ADM6996M ?

I think yes. Like rootkit said, it forces externat switch usage.

I rebuilt with r7040 and there has been a regression... the first boot on my DSL-G604t worked, and I telnet in to set a password. A reboot without changing anything else never seems to come back online.  I had already set my PPPoE settings in /etc/config/network in the original image build, so these were in place on the first boot and the subsequent boot.  This is using a jffs2-64k image.

karl wrote:

I rebuilt with r7040 and there has been a regression... the first boot on my DSL-G604t worked, and I telnet in to set a password. A reboot without changing anything else never seems to come back online.  I had already set my PPPoE settings in /etc/config/network in the original image build, so these were in place on the first boot and the subsequent boot.  This is using a jffs2-64k image.

Perhaps you just need to be a little more patient with firstboot?
I'm currently testing 7038 on a DG834G and it's fine.

The only problem I've seen so far is that ADAM2 comms are at 115200bps yet OpenWrt comms are set at 38400.

Maybe I don't understand the firstboot... is it possible that I was able to telnet into it and set a password before the firstboot was complete?  I thought I was already onto the second or third boot...

ctype wrote:
rootkit wrote:

Yeah, i know. The driver fails to detect the Admtek switch so it doesn't works.
You can force the switch usage like i do here: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/1614 with this patch

Is this patch will help with ADM6996M ?

dunno, but it should work for every external switch, Try It And See!

OK, I figured out my problem... it was stuck on firstboot (not automatically rebooting) when I telnet'd into it.  The problem on the next boot was that I had built in a revised lan config in /etc/config/network (with files/etc/config/network during build) and during the reboot to second boot, OpenWRT returned /etc/config/network lan config to 192.168.1.1 so it was now on a different subnet IP range than my workstation!  Once I used DHCP and noticed that it had changed to another subnet, I was able to get back in and restore my intended config.

Is this expected that firstboot overwrites customized configuration that has been built into the image?

The discussion might have continued from here.