Why are firewall entries via luci defaults to ipv4? Possibility to generate rules for ipv4/ipv6 in one step?

Interesting. My isp is also Vodafone. When asked, they replied that they have no current plans to provide ipv6 and will only do so when the business case makes it necessary. Perhaps it is country dependent....

Maybe, on my location it is Vodafone Germany. Here you mostly get DSLite

I installed this package: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/x86_64/luci/luci-app-firewall_git-24.052.52388-42bd2af_all.ipk

And as a result i get a full working "Port forwards" dialog in luci:

Now i can choose between IPv4 only, IPv6 only and IPv4 and IPv6 as it should be for years in my opinion.

I am very happy now and would like to apologize for my annoyed manner. IPv6 has been an integral part of my private network environment for years and has always been an extremely time-consuming affair with openwrt, starting with scripts that automatically converted forward rules and which I still had to use in the last years. With each update it was a struggle to get everything working again (e.g. fw3 to fw4).

Now I'm definitely hopeful for the future that the next update will be pretty easy for me!

For the sake of completeness: I had exactly the same problem 2.5 years ago - the solution was completely different:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.