Support AIoT AC2350 Xiaomi?

Hey guys, is there any availability to work on one of these?

Regards

4 Likes

Another one here. I would be very interested in openwrt in my AC2350 IoT

4 Likes

It seems to be very capable router with of really good price, so I would like to buy if it were supported by OpenWRT. I suppose that many people around OpenWRT community will do the same.

3 Likes

What is the hardware inside?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it has a Broadcom chip.

1 Like

Well, then there go you chances of support.

1 Like

The chip is QCA9563
Regards

2 Likes

Well, then it is supportable.
What are WLAN cards?

1 Like

I don’t have the router, need to search around for that info.

1 Like

QCA9563/ ath79 is a bit dated, considering its price, there is little reason to favour this particular device over more modern or already supported devices.

--
it shouldn't be too difficult to port OpenWrt to this device though and it will do the job for the forseeable future, but there are better/ faster devices in the same price range.

1 Like

@slh could you name few? I'm looking for a device in the same price range that works well with openwrt and I'd really appreciate some advice.

1 Like

Hello please is there any news about this firmware for AC2350? this router is good but mi wifi interface is too bad to configure anything :frowning: like blocking something else than urls its not possible to block complete access to ip for device etc. i need this because i need sometimes block facebook, instagram apps etc for kids

2 Likes

I wait openWRT for AC2350 too.

2 Likes

If you want to get openwrt support for this device you need to help developers first. You can start by posting bootlog of your device. Cheers.
ulpian

2 Likes

but i dont know how to do that :frowning: to this router is only possible connect via web page no ssh or telnet i tried to make working ssh with manuals from similiar xiaomi device but without luck :frowning:

2 Likes

Any news about this router?

1 Like

Hi all.
Guys as a first step, you have to disassemble the router and post some detailed pcb pictures here first. Next, you need to find the uart communication points / pads on the pcb those required for the serial connection. More after that you can share stock u-boot bootlog and stock firmware bootlog with devs by using any kind of usb-ttl adapter for serial connection.
However, it is useful to keep in mind this OpenWrt is a volunteer based project. So if no developer has this router, getting support for this device can be a bit tricky but not impossible. Every journey starts with a single step. Good luck :slight_smile:
ulpian

3 Likes

Here you are,
Some pics of the disassembled router
5GHz 4x4: 4
2.4GHz 3x3: 3
Switch QCA8837N-AL3C
AIoT QCA6006X

The board looks like the developer and manufacturer Feixun.
If, after all, QCA9563 then 2.4G, 3x3mimo.
5G, most likely the QCA9984 top or an updated version of QCA9988, 4x4mimo.

Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

4 Likes

Hi.

I don't know which version of the Firmware you have?
But here is a link to download miwifi_r2350_firmware_bd55f_3.0.36_INT.bin
Here is the link:

https://mega.nz/file/ghpQyb7C#vIDrSkdFq9veXP8xf0x3mo0W-hVgwqCuAaaBlr6Yl9M

Regards Carsten.

2 Likes

+1 :slight_smile: